24th May 2020
1. Realme X3 SuperZoom is coming on May 26 to Europe. The phone will run on Snapdragon 855+ chipset and the company boasts the highest AnTuTu score for a phone running the said SoC. Moving onto the screen. the handset will sport a 120Hz panel, as previously rumored, and it’s probably safe to assume that it’s going to be an LCD since the fingerprint reader is side-mounted and not under it.
2. Reliance Industries Ltd has launched an online grocery service, JioMart, the head of its grocery retail business said, in a move aimed at rivalling Amazon.com’s local unit and Walmart Inc’s Flipkart in the huge Indian market. JioMart will deliver groceries in more than 200 towns across the country.
3. WhatsApp is working on a new feature that will make it easier for users to add contacts to their list by scanning a QR code. Android beta users will be able to find their own custom QR codes in the Settings section of the app on the top right side in front of the name.
4. According to some reports, Mi Band 5 that will be built by Huami – the company behind Amazfit wearables and previous Mi Band models – will be unveiled in June-end or the first half of July. The smart band is said to make its debut in China, followed by release in other geographies, including India. Mi Band 5 Tipped to Pack Amazon Alexa Support.
5. Redmi X TV, Redmibook 16.1” laptop teased by Xiaomi.Xiaomi is having a massive event on Tuesday in China, May 26, when it will reveal plenty of devices. We expected to see three smartphones from the Redmi 10X lineup, but now the company posted on its various Weibo profiles more teasers, confirming a new Redmi X TV with MEMC motion and a laptop with 16.1” screen will also appear during next week’s launch in China.
6. Microsoft Surface Hub 2S launched at Rs 11,89,999.Priced at Rs 11,89,999, the Surface Hub 2 features a Surface Hub 2 Camera and a Surface Hub 2 Pen, and will be available via authorised Hub resellers. The device comes with a 50-inch 4K multi-touch display and runs Windows 10 operating system. Microsoft claims that the new device is 40% lighter and 50% faster — in terms of graphic performance — compared to the previous-generation device.
7. Amazon to create 50,000 temporary jobs in India. E-commerce giant Amazon has announced that it is creating 50,000 temporary jobs in India. The company said in an official blog post that it has opened these seasonal job positions to meet the surge in demand from online shoppers.